1 month ago
5.00 Star (1)
Learn to use the Linux operating system and build a server in your own home!
Building a home server is an excellent way to learn how to use the Linux operating system. It also allows you to reuse any old laptop or desktop computer you have lying around at home for something everyone in your home can use:
- Save files from your laptop, phone, etc to one central location
- Download and watch movies from the internet
- Upload your photos, view them from your phone and back them up to the cloud
Building your own server will take you behind the scenes on how an operating system really works. Using software which is 100% free, you will learn:
- How to install, maintain and secure a working Linux server
- What are the differences between the various Linux versions
- How to use your server as a personal secure web server and file server, and where to get ideas for other uses for it
- Key linux command line skills and how to put them to practical use
- How to troubleshoot common problems as they happen
Using skills which are directly relevant to the workplace, you will learn how to monitor, secure and backup your own private server. The downloadable guides also provide a wealth of information for you to take away and study at your own pace.
A physical computer to use as your server
A keen interest in self improvement and learning about computers
Anyone interested in IT and/or Linux
How to design, build and administer a Linux home server
How to find, install and run applications that will be useful at home
Getting Started with Linux
Installing Apps - Getting to the Fun Stuff
Monitoring Your Servers Performance
Dragon Zap Instructor
Dragon Zap Instructor
Dermot has over 15 years experience in IT and network administration in the pharmaceutical and financial industries. He has also been an educator on topics such as IT security and Unix administration. He holds certifications in Cisco networking, network security and Linux administration, and has supported Red Hat, Debian and AIX systems in professional enterprises. He believes in having fun in your work and enjoying what you do. He is passionate about IT systems, and believes strongly in passing this passion and skillset on to the next generation of IT enthusiast.
The class was well taught and interesting, but the instructor sometimes presumed information that I, a rank beginner, did not have. However, the instructor answered all the questions that I put to him.
15 hours at this price
Full Lifetime Access
30 Days Money Back Guarantee
Free Exercises File
Access on PC, Mobile, Tablet and TV
Certificate of Completion